Crumpet is back – and crankier than ever! It's the return of The Santaland Diaries, presented by BTE at the Capitol Restaurant in downtown Bloomsburg. Showtime is at 8PM tonight. This show is intended for mature audiences. A select dinner and bar menu will be available. For more information, visit the Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble under Our Partners at the top of the page.
Katy's Church will be holding an old-fashioned candlelight Christmas service this evening at 7PM, with Reverend Acor officiating. Refreshments will be available after the service. The historical 1869 church is located at 440 Katy's Church Road in Madison Township near Jerseytown & Millville, next to the State Game Lands. Donations for homeless veterans are currently being gathered. For more information call 764-2412.
Bring a lawn chair to the Bloomsburg Town Park tonight for Manger In The Park, a live nativity presented by the Bloomsburg area Methodist churches. Meet the actors, see the live animals, and enjoy free cookies and hot chocolate. The pageant starts at 6 PM.
In their final games before the Christmas holiday break, the Bloomsburg University Men's and Women's basketball teams played IUP Saturday afternoon at Nelson Field House. Both Huskies teams played hard against tough opponents. The Women lost 67-53. The Men took their game to overtime, but also lost 80-70. You can hear the details with Jim Doyle in the WHLM Husky Post Game Report:
The BU basketball teams will be back at home after the new year, playing Seton Hill on Saturday, January 3rd.
Dec 24 & 25
Shiloh Bible Church, Church Street, Almedia
* Christmas Eve candlelight services - 6PM, 8PM
* Christmas Eve communion service 11PM
Calvary Baptist Church, Ridge Road, Lightstreet
* Candlelight Christmas Eve service with carols - 7PM
Lightstreet United Methodist Church, Main Street, Lightstreet
* Contemporary Christmas Eve service - 4PM
* Traditional Christmas Eve service - 7PM
Community Alliance Churches
* Bloomsburg Christmas Eve service - 5PM
* Danville Christmas Eve service - 7PM
Wesley United Methodist Church, Market street, Bloomsburg
* Traditional candlelight Christmas Eve services - 2PM, 11PM
* Contemporary family Christmas Eve service - 7PM
Good Shepherd Unted Methodist Church, 5th Street, Bloomsburg
* Candlelight Chrstmas Eve service - 7PM
St Columba Catholic Church, Iron Street, Bloomsburg
* Christmas Eve Vigil Mass - 5PM, 7:30PM, 10PM
* Christmas Day Mass - 9AM
St Luke Lutheran Church, Lightstreet Road, Bloomsburg
* Christmas Eve services - 5PM, 7PM, 9PM
St Matthew Lutheran Church, Market Street, Bloomsburg
* Christmas Eve family service - 6PM
* Christmas Eve candlelight service - 9PM
St Paul's Episcopal Church, Main Street, Bloomsburg
* Christmas Eve Mass - 9PM
* Christmas Day Mass - 10AM
Trinity Reformed UCC, 7th Street, Bloomsburg
* Christmas Eve Family service - 7PM
* Candlelight Christmas Eve service - 11PM
Bethany United Methodist Church, Summerhill Ave, Berwick
* Kid-friendsly Christmas Eve service - 5PM
* Traditional Candllight Christmas Eve service - 7PM
St Paul's United Methodist Church, Orange Street, Berwick
* Christmas Eve candlelight service - 11PM
First Presbyterian Church, Market Street, Berwick
* Candlelight Christmas Eve service - 7PM
First Reformed Church of Christ, 2nd & Vine Streets, Berwick
* Candlelight Christmas Eve service - 7:30PM
Saint Joseph Church, Monroe Street, Berwick
* Christmas Eve Masses - 4PM, 10PM
* Christmas Day Masses - 8AM, 10:30AM
Christ United Lutheran Church, Church Street, Catawissa
* Christmas Eve candlelight service - 9PM
* Christmas Day informal service - 10:30AM
First Baptish Church, Brookside Drive, Danville
* Christmas Eve service - 7PM
Trinity United Methodist Church, Lombard Ave, Danville
* Christmas Eve family service - 7PM
* Christmas Eve candlelight communion - 9PM
Trinity Lutheran Church, Market Street, Danville
* Christmas Eve family service - 5PM (Musical Prelude 4:15PM)
* Christmas Eve traditional service - 7:30PM
St John Lutheran Church, Old Berwick Road, Espy
* Christmas Eve candlelight services - 7PM, 11PM
Thru Dec 28
Experience the magic of Christmas with Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble's presentation of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, running through December 28 at the Alvina Krause Theater in downtown Bloomsburg. The show is fun for the whole family filled with adventure, mystery, and a mouse named Amos. For show times and ticket information, visit the BTE under Our Partners at the top of the page.
Thru Dec 30
Come to the Moose Exchange Antler Gallery in downtown Bloomsburg and check out the Cash and Carry Community Art Exhibition. Pieces can be bought for $25 each - $20 goes to the artist and $5 goes to the Moose. Artists are encouraged to create new pieces throughout the run of the show.
Thru Dec 31
All Occasion Rentals in Buckhorn is holding a Multiple Myeloma Awareness and Benefit Raffle for John Yoder through the end of the year. Tickets are $10 each with a grand prize of $2,000 in rental credit from All Occasion. Drawing will be held January 3rd. Call 570-441-1101 for more information.
Thru Dec 31
The Friends of the Bloomsburg Public Library are offering the third in their series of ceramic crocks commemorating Bloomsburg's iconic sites. This year's crock features the 1892 Town Fountain. The 1/2 gallon crock is hand-made by a local Pennsylvania potter. You can see one at the Library on Market Street in downtown Bloomsburg. Order forms are available at the Library front desk.
Volunteers are needed to help the Lycoming Animal Protection Society no-kill cat shelter in South Williamsport. Help is needed in many areas, from basic shelter maintenance to providing transportation to and from the local veterinarian. For more information call 570-327-8707, or go to LAPSshelter.org
Bloomsburg Christian Church's free library will be open every Saturday from 9:30 AM til 3:30 PM. The church is at 107 Deussen Drive in Bloomsburg.
The free Saturday Trains program at Christ Memorial Episcopal Church will be open every Saturday from 10 AM – Noon. Check out the "talking train," the Amtrak "Pennsylvanian," and dozens of other trains and a model merry-go-round that both children and adults can play with. The church is at the corner of Pine and East Market Streets in Danville.
The free Wheelchair Engineers program at the Columbia Mall in Buckhorn will be open from Noon - 4 PM every Saturday at the Sears end of the mall. The handicapped-accessible model train layouts are open to everyone. See a classic American Flyer and the Dillon Floral limited-edition train with its puffing MTH steam engine and MTH controls. Everyone is welcome.